Yes, ladies, it is time. This H1B visa, non immigrant “foreign alien” Asian 115 pounds chick is going to follow the footsteps of other brave women before me to hike the Appalachian trail.
Step 1: Establish purpose statement
I am doing this because I want to. Yup, easy enough. So much of our lives is based on what we think we should do, what we have to do or what we think others expect us to do. Recently, I realized that my life was meant for more than my own thought. God created me in His image, died for me so I can be free. My only goal is to glorify Him through my oh so imperfect self.
That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:10
Step 2: Plan it out
- Research: since I can’t take a whole month off work, i’ll be hiking for 8 days, I will pick out the section/sections that would fit best. There is so much on the net to prep for this. Here are a few links I am looking at:
- Shopping: and there’s that http://www.backpacker.com/trips/appalachian-trail-thru-hike-gear-list
- Training: work out is not my favorite past time activities, but I am committed!
- Saving for plane tickets and other expenses
Step 3: Commit
- The only way I know I won’t back out is if I announce this to my friends and family to keep me accountable and keep me encouraged!
That’s it! Feel free to give me more resources and encouragement :>